Awarded for the first time in 1963 to encourage epilepsy research in Germany, today the MICHAEL-PRIZE is one of the most highly regarded international awards for the best contributions to clinical and experimental research which promote further developments in epileptology.
Since 2006 the MICHAEL-PRIZE is kindly sponsored by UCB Pharma S.A..
The MICHAEL-PRIZE is awarded biennially and is specifically addressed to younger researchers
who have not yet reached the age of 45 on June 30th, 2021. The prize money is 20.000,- Euro.
The MICHAEL-PRIZE 2021 will be awarded for research in one of the following fields:
- Psychiatry, Psychology, Neuropsychology
CALL FOR ENTRIES
For the MICHAEL-PRIZE 2021 may be considered
- up to three scientific papers in English language which are published or accepted for publication
- for papers accepted for publication a copy of the acceptance letter must be submitted
- at least one of the papers must be from the period 2019/2021.
The papers must be submitted in electronic form to the STIFTUNG MICHAEL / MICHAEL FOUNDATION
before June 30th, 2021 together with
- an indication which of the three eligible fields the applicant's research is referring to,
- a curriculum vitae.
Letters of support will not be considered.
The applications submitted will be rated by an independent jury consisting of:
Eleonora Aronica, Amsterdam
Yushi Inoue, Shizuoka
Jean Gotman, Montreal
The final decision will be taken by the Board of Trustees of the Michael Foundation; legal recourse is excluded.