Awarded for the first time in 1963 to encourage epilepsy research in Germany, today the MICHAEL PRIZE is one of the most highly regarded international awards for the best contributions to clinical and experimental research which promote further developments in epileptology.
Since 2006 the MICHAEL PRIZE is kindly sponsored by UCB Biopharma S.P.R.L..
The MICHAEL PRIZE is awarded biennially and is specifically addressed to younger researchers
who have not yet reached the age of 45 on December 31st, 2020. The prize money is 20.000,- Euro.
The MICHAEL PRIZE 2021 will be awarded for research in one of the following fields:
- Psychiatry, Psychology, Neuropsychology
CALL FOR ENTRIES
MICHAEL PRIZE 2021
For the MICHAEL PRIZE 2021 may be considered
- up to three scientific papers in English language which are published or accepted for publication
- for papers accepted for publication a copy of the acceptance letter must be submitted
- at least one of the papers must be from the period 2019/2020.
The papers must be submitted in electronic form to the STIFTUNG MICHAEL / MICHAEL FOUNDATION
before December 31st, 2020 together with
- an indication which of the three eligible fields the applicant's research is referring to,
- a curriculum vitae.
Letters of support will not be considered.
The applications submitted will be rated by an independent jury consisting of:
Eleonora Aronica, Amsterdam
Yushi Inoue, Shizuoka
Jean Gotman, Montreal
The final decision will be taken by the Board of Trustees of the Michael Foundation; legal recourse is excluded.
The MICHAEL PRIZE 2021 is kindly sponsored by UCB Biopharma S.P.R.L.